A National Movement and an Advanced Political Organization
– The Rodney King riots and initiating our “community patrols”.
– May/ June 1992, the struggle against white nationalism along the border and standing up to defend our people from the racist/ fascist “American Spring” movement.
– October 10, 1992, “500 Years of Raza Resistance”.
– February 1993, the founding of the Chicano Mexicano Prison Project.
– UdB leadership and solidarity with the drywallers struggle.
– May 1993, UdB decides to move forward alone in building a democratically centralized revolutionary party.
– Rebuilding Chicano Park Day and placing its organizing back in the hands of the community.
– 1994 was a very important year: NAFTA, the emergence of the EZLN in January, and the struggle against Proposition 187.
– Struggles in México intensified, and in 1996 the emergence of the EPR added to what was appearing to be the early stages of a revolutionary struggle throughout México.
– ¡La Verdad! became very influential across Aztlán during this period.
– August 26, 1995, 25th Commemoration of the Chicano Moratorium marcha in East LA.
– Comité de Mujeres Patricia Marín is founded in San Diego in 1996.
– August 10 – 11, 1996, Raza march against the republican national convention.
– UdB celebrates our 15th anniversary in August 1996.
GO TO NEXT SECTION (1997 to 2000).