The 1st UdB Congress and a Period of Mass Campaigns
– 1st UdB Congress convened during January 17-19, 1997 in San Diego, CA.
– UdB advances work in Mexico and begins participating as a formal region within the FAC-MLN.
– January 31, 1998, thousands of raza march against 150 years of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in Tucson, Arizona.
– The San Diego “Fuera Bersin” campaign.
– The struggle against Proposition 227 in California.
– CMPM National Conference on La Mujer.
– January 2000, the UdB Marriott Housekeeper struggle.
– May 2000, police repression against UdB compa F. Romero in Oxnard, CA.
– August 26, 2000, 30th Commemoration of the Chicano Moratorium in East LA.
– December 2000, 1st “Plantón” against Operation Gatekeeper.
– Beginning of the wave of Latin American popular governments.
GO TO NEXT SECTION (2001 to 2004).